Use with any recipe, but especially with the Soft-Shell Crab Sandwich Recipe found here.
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 basil leaves, cut chiffonade style (cut into thin ribbons)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated (large grate)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into julienne strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and a pinch of cayenne
- Combine the juices, shallot and basil in a blender until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.
- In a medium bowl combine the jicama, carrots, bell pepper and jalapeno.
- Toss with the dressing.
- Add honey and season with the salt and cayenne.
Source: From Bobby Flay's "Boy Meets Grill" Cookbook