Basil Pesto Dressing
Sprinkle this basil pesto on anything, but especially on the Soft-Shell Crab Sandwich Recipe found here.
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise (light mayonnaise works fine)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Place the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and process until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, fold the pesto into the mayonnaise, add the lemon juice and mix until combined. Serve at room temperature.
Source: From Bobby Flay's "Boy Meets Grill" Cookbook