Tuna with Pineapple and Peppers
A sweet and colorful combination of pineapple, pepper, and tuna on skewers.
- 4 tuna steaks, approximately 5 oz each
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- Stir together the soy sauce, garlic, and 3 Tbsp pineapple juice and ginger.
- Place tuna steaks in a shallow dish and cover with half of the marinade.
- Place peppers and pineapple in a separate dish and cover with remaining marinade.
- Cover both and let marinade for an hour.
- Put pineapple and pepper on skewers.
- Place tuna steaks on separate skewers. Reserve marinade.
- Coat broiler pan with non-stick spray and broil tuna, pineapple and peppers for 4-5 minutes per side – OR grill for same amount of time.
- Simmer leftover marinade with any remaining pineapple juice and serve with fish.