Tuna Kebabs with Ginger-Chile Marinade
A zippy and spicy take on traditional tuna kebabs.
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 Tbsp Asian sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/3 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Ground white pepper
- 1 ½ lbs tuna (1 ¼ inch thickness), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 large sweet onion cut into 1 inch squares
- 6 metal skewers
- Additional chopped cilantro
- Whisk first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Season to taste with ground white pepper.
- Transfer 3 Tbsp of marinade to a small bowl; reserve.
- Add tuna to remaining marinade in medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 45 minutes.
- Spray grill rack with non-stick spray. Prepare barbecue to medium high heat.
- Alternate tuna cubes, bell pepper and onion on each of the metal skewers.
- Grill to desired doneness, turning frequently, about 4 minutes total for medium rare.
- Transfer to platter and drizzle with remaining marinade. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.