Sesame Crusted Grilled Salmon with Chili Minted Cucumbers
A flavorful combination of crust and cucumber in this salmon dish.
- 4 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 red Thai chilies, thinly sliced (could use1 small jalapeno minced)
- 2 large handfuls fresh mint
- 2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 6oz salmon fillets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp sesame seeds (black or white)
- Combine the cucumbers, chilies and mint in a bowl.
- Pour in vinegar and sprinkle with sugar, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Toss well and let stand at room temperature.
- Coat the salmon with olive oil and season both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the top of the salmon with the sesame seeds.
- Grill over high heat for 3-4 minutes each side or just til cooked through.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of the chili minted cucumbers.