A delicious broiled salmon dish with a thick dill sauce.
Prepare the sauce before starting the recipe:
Cucumber Dill Sauce:
1 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dill
1 cup ½ inch cubes cucumber
1 ½ minced shallots
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
¾ cup mayonnaise
¾ cup sour cream
Blend dill, cucumber, shallot and cayenne in a food processor, pulsing until finely chopped. Whisk in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 2 ½ lb center cut wild salmon fillet, skin and pin-bones removed
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush short rimmed baking sheet with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Place salmon on sheet. Mix juices and pour over salmon.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over salmon and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Broil salmon without turning fish over until just opaque in center – about 12 minutes – turning baking sheet for even cooking.
- Remove to platter and serve with cucumber dill sauce.