Oven Fried Catfish
A healthy and delicious alternative to classic fried catfish.
- 7 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning – OR - Seasoning Mix: 1 ¼ tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt (or less if you prefer), 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp basil leaves, ½ tsp sweet paprika, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp white pepper, ½ tsp oregano leaves, ½ tsp cumin.
- 4 fresh catfish fillets (4-5 oz each)
- ½ cup toasted bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tsp finely sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Sprinkle all surfaces of the fish evenly with 4 tsp of the seasoning mix.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, green onions and 3 tsp of the seasoning mix.
- Add the oil and mix it in with your fingers until the crumbs are moist.
- Dredge the fish fillets in the bread crumb mixture pressing down gently on each side.
- Place the seasoned fish on a nonstick baking sheet, presentation side up. Lightly pat any crumb mixture that has fallen off on to the fish.
- Cook 6 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and cook 6 minutes.
- Turn over one more time (presentation side up) and cook until done about 4 minutes more.
Source: From Paul Prudhomme’s Cookbook Titled “Fork in the Road”