Maple Soy Glazed Salmon
A fresh take on a traditional glazed salmon dish.
HINT: A simpler version of this recipe would be to mix equal parts soy sauce and maple syrup. Then brush the char or salmon with the glaze while grilling.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 3 bunches green onions, trimmed to 7 inches in length
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in bowl until well combined.
- Pour half of the marinade in a dish and add salmon.
- Marinade at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Grill fish, skin side up over moderate heat, uncovered.
- Turn once until golden brown and just cooked through – 10-12 minutes total.
- Grill green onions, laying them crosswise on a lightly oiled rack.
- Season with salt and pepper for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile bring remaining marinade to a boil in small saucepan and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve salmon over green onions and drizzle with sauce.