John’s Grilled TunaPrint Recipe
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp dry vermouth
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp grated orange peel
- 5 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 Tbsp steak sauce
- 1 Tbsp creole seasoning mix
- ¾ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 10 ¾ inch thick tuna or swordfish steaks
- Orange slices
- Cook first 8 ingredients in saucepan over medium heat until butter melts, mixture boils and ingredients are well blended, stirring often.
- This can be prepared 2 hours ahead or at any point. Hold at room temperature and reheat.
- Prepare BBQ grill to high heat.
- Brush fish on both sides with basting sauce.
- Grill to desired doneness, basting frequently, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Place fish on platter.
- Top with remaining sauce and orange slices.
Source: Bon Appétit, July 1990