Grilled Tuna with Herbed Aioli
A tasty and crisp barbeque tuna served with a flavorful sauce.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 7oz tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in shallow dish for marinade.
- Place mayonnaise in separate small bowl. Whisk in 1 ½ Tbsp marinade to make aioli. Set aioli aside.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place fish in marinade dish, turning to coat evenly. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour, turning dish occasionally.
- Oil grill rack.
- Prepare barbecue to medium high heat.
- Grill fish to desired doneness about 3 minutes per side for medium.
- Top fish with aioli and serve.