This is a keeper for all salmon lovers. It’s a grilled salmon dish with that horseradish zip.
Before you start the recipe, make this sauce:
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp prepared white horseradish
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
For Sauce: mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and Chill.
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp prepared white horseradish
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 inch thick salmon fillets (each about 6 oz)
- Spray grill rack generously with nonstick spray.
- Prepare barbecue to medium high heat.
- Whisk oil, horseradish, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush oil mixture over both sides of salmon fillets.
- Grill salmon just until opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer salmon to plates and serve with sauce.