Glazed Grilled Salmon
An easy salmon dish that’s both sweet and savory.
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp prepared Chinese style hot mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 7-8 oz salmon steaks (about ¾ inch thick)
- Prepare barbecue to medium high heat.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard and soy sauce in medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- Transfer 1 Tbsp glaze to small bowl; mix in rice vinegar and set aside.
- Brush 1 side of salmon steaks generously with half of the glaze in the medium bowl.
- Place salmon steaks, glazed side down on the grill. Grill until glaze is slightly charred - about 4 minutes.
- Brush top of salmon with remaining glaze from medium bowl.
- Turn salmon over until second side is slightly charred and salmon is just opaque in center - about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer salmon to plates. Drizzle with reserved glaze in small bowl and serve.
Source: Bon Appétit July 1996