Crab Stuffed Sole
A rich and elegant dish that is sure to impress. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy it was to make.
- 4 fillet of sole – approx ¾ pounds
- ½ pound lump crab meat
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 3 Tbsp diced onion
- 1/3 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Sauté 1 Tbsp butter and sweat celery and onion.
- Remove from heat to mixing bowl and add crab meat, bread crumbs, mayo, egg white and parsley.
- Toss lightly.
- Divide stuffing among 4 filets, placing stuffing in the middle of the filet and rolling fish up around it.
- Please fillets seam side down in greased baking dish.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter.
- Add flour and cook briefly.
- Add milk, wine and stock. Cook until bubbly.
- Add ¼ cup parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over filets.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and broil until bubbly.