Broiled Grouper Fillets with Romesco Sauce
The sauce is versatile and leftovers are great as a dip for veggies or spread on grilled bread.
- 1/3 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 slice firm white sandwich bread, crust discarded and torn into pieces
- ½ tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
- ½ cup coarsely chopped, drained, bottled roasted red peppers
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 6oz pieces grouper fillet
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Make Sauce: Finely grind almonds, bread, garlic and red pepper flakes in a food processor. Add roasted peppers, vinegar, salt and puree. Add olive oil in a slow stream. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Preheat broiler.
- Put fish on a lightly oiled shallow baking pan, skin sides down.
- Brush fish with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil 3 inches from heat without turning until just cooked through – about 7 minutes.
- Serve fish with the Romesco sauce.
Source: Gourmet Magazine, June 2000