Bacon-Wrapped Trout with Herbs
A quick and easy trout dish with plenty of flavor and bacon.
- 2 whole trout, cleaned
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs – fresh thyme or fresh sage are equally delicious
- 4 bacon slices
- 6 lemon slices
- Place the trout in a shallow baking pan and pat dry.
- Season the cavities with salt and pepper.
- Divide rosemary sprigs and place in cavity.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each trout.
- Broil trout 5-7 inches from heat until skin and bacon are crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Turn over gently with a spatula and broil 2 minutes more.
- Add lemon slices to pan alongside trout.
- Cook 1 ½ minutes, flip one more time and cook 1 ½ minutes more.